Sunday, June 3, 2007

Saved, at the point of a gun....

Recently, my housemate (Jim) held a BBQ party for one of his friends. All her family and a lot of her friends were invited. I think it was her birthday, but I can’t be sure because I didn’t really mix with them. Because they’re all evangelical Christians. And I tend to say “fuck” too much.
Over the course of the evening, Jim made some stupid bet with the girl that she couldn’t beat him in a “eat really hot chilli marinade” competition. He lost, so tonight was the first night he had to meet and go with her and her loony family to church.
Now, forgive me if I’m getting this wrong. But doesn’t attendance at loony religious services under duress kind of defeat the purpose? If someone’s making you attend against your will, what’s the point?
See, that’s why I can’t be religious. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

No comments: